The Client

CloudChef

The Problem

Create a responsive website to allow users to view and book personal chefs

The Solution

In order to create an intuitive solution for the client, the first step was to create a navigation map to get an overview of the steps and pages that were needed in the website. After the navigation map, we had created user personas to see how the user will navigate through the web site from a new user and existing users perspective. With these steps completed, we then started researching different Content Management systems that the client would be able to keep up to date once the project was completed. The client had suggested we used Shopify as she was familiar with it. After creating hi-fidelity wireframes, I had been tasked with implementing them into the Shopify CMS.

CloudChef

The Client

Cairine Wilson High School

The Problem

Cairine Wilson High School was in need of a website update. They would like to have all the clutter removed and have it restyled for a nice, clean responsive design.

The Solution

After conducting some research on who the target audience for the website was going to be, I started looking into content management systems. Since the school will be showing announcements and news on the homepage, I had chosen WordPress as the CMS. After the client's approval on the navigation map and style guide, had started developing their website. The client is able to make specific posts on the home page depending on the type of content. Important messages like school closing and reminders, will always show at the top of the homepage. Unnecessary webpages have been removed so users can easy find content.

Cairine Wilson

The Client

rcbenchmark

The Problem

RCBenchmark needed a MediaWiki site for their customers to be able to look up and post information about brushless motors. They also needed pages on the site to have tutorial information on their product.

The Solution

I was hired on after my first year of school by my web design professor to be the sole web designer for this project. Prior to this project, I had no knowledge of the MediaWiki. So the first step for this project was to research and experiment with the content management system. After getting an understanding on how it works, I had started developing the website. The site was to allow users to search and upload information on brushless motors. This involved customizing plugins and testing functionality. Then, I had started developing the front-end.

RCBenchmark media wiki